Our company is fully committed to compliance with social regulation (length of working day, driving time, daily and weekly rest periods).
We ask our customers to take into account social regulations applying to coach drivers when organizing a trip. These are detailed below:
- The continuous driving period for a driver shall not exceed a maximum of 4 hours 30 minutes. The driver must take a 45 minutes break after 4 h 30 m of driving or 2 mandatory breaks amounting to 45 minutes within a period of 4 hours 30 minutes, that is: a first break of 15 minutes and a second one of 30 minutes.
- The daily driving time must not exceed 9 hours in a working day (10 hours twice a week). In addition to compulsory breaks specified in 1st paragraph, the driver must have a daily rest of 11 consecutive hours (which can be reduced to 9 hours under strictly defined conditions and on a limited basis).
- The length of working day can’t exceed 12 hours as a comprehensive spreadover (from time of departure to return to the garage). It can be extended to 14 hours under certain conditions.
- In any case implying a spreadover extension, there must be a second driver to replace the first one, within a 18 hours limit. Additional charges will be applied.
- A weekly rest must be taken after 6 consecutive days of work. During a stay, this weekly rest cannot be less than 24 consecutive hours.
- Responsibility: non-compliance with regulations involved by a planning or schedule change decided by the customer during the performance of services can entail the customer responsibility for non-compliance with legislation (Decree N° 92699, July 23rd 1992).